Find a copy in the library
Find it in libraries globally
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Philip M Rosenzweig
|Description:||vii, 315 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm|
|Contents:||Crunch time on a hot August night --
The question of control --
Performance, absolute and relative --
What it takes to win --
Confidence... and overconfidence --
Base rates and breaking barriers --
Better decisions over time --
Decisions of a leader --
Where models fear to tread --
When are winners cursed? --
Starting up, stepping out --
The stuff of winning decisions.
"The great paradox is that while we know a great deal about how we make routine decisions--from the way shoppers pick a box of cereal to how investors buy or sell--we know little about the most complex and consequential decisions of all--for example, whether to start a company, manage the risks of a business, or bid for a project and bring it to a successful completion. We need a new paradigm for situations where uncertainty reigns, rivalry is intense, and positive thinking matters. With compelling examples from business, sports, politics, and more, Phil Rosenzweig shows how high performance calls for a combination of skills: the need for careful analytical thinking--left brain--as well as the ability to take bold action--the right stuff"--
- Decision making.
- Decision making -- Psychological aspects.
- Leadership -- Psychological aspects.
- BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Decision-Making & Problem Solving.
- PSYCHOLOGY / Cognitive Psychology.
- SELF-HELP / Personal Growth / Success.
User lists with this item (4)
- Direcci??n de personas en las organizaciones(98 items)
by trompazos updated about a month ago
- 2014 Psychology Books UConn Babbidge Library(66 items)
by dcadogan updated 2014-12-23
- December New Books 2014(222 items)
by CrownCollegeLibrary updated 2014-12-18
- 2014 March New Titles(213 items)
by libraryacq updated 2014-11-05